Thursday, August 28, 2008

A single minute that saved a life

After the incident, I had thought about writing a blog entry, but the lazy bum that I have been, I forgot about it completely. But anyways ... der aaye durust aaye :P

Finally after three years of continued efforts, I was going on my first ever date. How should I behave, what would be my first sentence ? Engrossed in these thoughts I noticed that a hundred meters from me, was standing an old man. He had a stick supporting his frame. Hop, hop, hop, he started jumping using the stick and his only leg, in an endeavour to cross the road. Suspicious, I slowed down a bit trying to let him pass. After just three hops, his stick got stuck, and he could no longer jump. Since he was already in a hurry to cross the road, he fell down. By this time, I had reached around six feet from the spot, and could see him already saying his last prayers. I stopped, pointing my headlight at him, so that he could at least try to move and other vehicles would see him there as well. Some microseconds passed, and I realized that he would never be able to move on his own. If I park my bike on the roadside, my bike would definitely be safe but there was a risk of someone in a speeding car to crush him to death. Since the bike was far more visible than the man lying on the road, without any second thoughts, I parked my bike in the middle of the road and walked upto him. After I helped him stand up, I noticed that the bike fomula had actually worked, there were some other localites who came forward to help, and told me that the old man was in an inebriated state. I would call that one minute as the most significant minute of my life. My instances worked at the right time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Animesh said...

good job man!
I hope the date went well too :)

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They call it 'The Leadership moment'..

Cheers!!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Arun Tangri said...

What happened to your date? :D

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home